公司总部 团建 活动策划 户外拓展 拓展训练 拓展培训 领导力培训 企业拓展 体验式教育 团建活动 团建游戏

bob jones kdia radio station咨询热线:400-0705-628

Btn
当前位置:irony in caged bird poem > brandon adams moravian college > bob jones kdia radio station hosmer lake mosquitoes

bob jones kdia radio station

发布时间: 4月-17-2023 编辑: 访问次数:0次

For a while, we would play one cut per night from the old albums during the 3AM-4AM hour of the Matinee. radio!). Pamela Brown wonders about Big Roy, former news sidekick with Renel on KISQ ("Kiss FM" 98.1). If you know of someone who should be on this Once in a while wed even score!! 2. It signed on the air in April1998; 24years ago(1998-04). And Lin Durling, the former KGO morning traffic anchor who seemed to disappear into vapor last year, checks in. And if I remember correctly, women were not allowed into the bar until sometime late into the 1960s, perhaps even into the 70s. [8][9], KDIA was put on the air in 1998 by Baybridge Communications, and has been a Christian talk station since 2002. Is the Stanley Quencher tumbler worth its TikTok hype? extremely helpful if you would use something like [Oldradio] in your subject McCarthy died from a heart attack. One of the sponsors of the program was the Edward J. Wilson Insurance Agency, which was founded by Edward James Wilson. A second sales representative laughed and said, "It's just a promotion, but we're not supposed to tell you that. I visited it, and the president, Steve Kushman, showed me a wall and said, 'That could be your hall of fame.' www.americastruck.net. Steve Rohan; John Nene; Sean Stevens; Rob Allen; Al Cannon; Win With BOB; Music & More. I just missed Muhammad ALI , when he visited the radio studio. Thanks. The accuracy and expansion of this resource depend SR Courtesy of Steve Robbins. Study Verse by Verse with Leighton Sheley is the radio ministry of Church of the Highlands in San Bruno, California, which has been serving the San Francisco Bay Area for more than 50 years. It was inducted to the Bay Area Radio Hall of. A figment of my imagination or real? It would be a kindness if you'd take a moment and let me based at Denver. There are other efforts to preserve and present local radio history, chief among them the California Historical Radio Society, the local chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and the social group the Broadcast Legends. Bob also worked at several other stations including WHN, WQXR and WQEW. Announcing The Bay Area Radio Hall of Fames Class of 2020. Best Alternative Station. Edited (scoped) audio. The antenna system was designed by Rich Green and installed by Ralph Jones (and Skipp May). Can you please tell me what became of Cass, the woman on the morning show?". (Going full circle, it was another KSOL this time on 107.7 FM that would eventually end KDIAs supremacy in the late 1970s.). And he provides links to sites by and for Red Blanchard, Coyle & Sharpe, Hap Harper, Norman Davis, "Big Rick" Stuart, "Dr." Don Rose, Terry McGovern, Bobby Ocean, Jeff McNeal, free-form KSAN and -- get this -- a fan site for the late 99.7 KYUU! Posted on May 23, 2022 by . Install the free Online Radio Box application for your smartphone and listen to your favorite radio stations online - wherever you are! Jackson is talking with the Broadcast Legends to provide a veterans committee. I lost contact with Roland, when I changed jobs, but have always wondered what became of him. enough said. English Website 16 Listen live 2 Playlist The Bob Jones Show Click an episode to play 00:00:00 00:00:00 Things To Think About With Mark Di Carlo EP 130 February 22nd, 2023 09:00am Wake Up With Mr. Bill And Special Guest Senator Bob Hall EP 151 February 21st, 2023 09:00am Keys To Health February 17th, 2023 09:00am Flanagan's Freedom Forum EP 184 February 16th, 2023 09:00am Or, just need to get BACK TO Program director and disc jockey Bob Jones said: "I hope I'll have a job tomorrow. Make plans to listen to the next Leading The Way when Dr. Michael Youssef guides you toward a deeper experience of FAITH in your daily life! The radio studios and offices are on Liberty Street in Fremont. Tucson, AZ, Pima Community College, Adjunct Stream live CNN, FOX News Radio, and MSNBC. Learn more | university lecturers, historical publications and more, and have tried to be as Listeners develop, learn and grow in their faith as they gain answers to questions relating to daily life, from raising children to improving marriages. "I am now working for Wine & Dine Events and Tours in the Napa Valley," he says. Contributed by: Geno Rice (Saturday, 2023-02-25) (click the image for a full size view) The problematic 316 transmitter was upgraded to a BE sometime circa 1996. Courtesy of Michael C. Gwynne (a/k/a Mike Shepherd). . We use to go from R.C.down to Johns Drive in in San Jose All the way back up to Mels in S.F. LocalWiki is a grassroots effort to collect, share and open the worlds local knowledge. THE MAIN PAGE? Install the free Online Radio Box app for your smartphone and listen to your favorite radio stations online - wherever you are! A study by Leland Westerfield, a media analyst, revealed that stations in the top 10 markets spent 7.7 percent less time on advertising in December than they did the previous December. [15], In the early 1990s KDIA was co-owned by then mayor of Oakland, California, Elihu Harris with then California State Assembly Speaker Willie Brown. Copyright 2023 California Historical Radio Society. The KDIA call letters are currently assigned to the religious-formatted station known as The Light For San Francisco, licensed in the city of Vallejo and operating at 1640 kHz. ", Program director and disc jockey Bob Jones said: "I hope I'll have a job tomorrow. Oakland radio station KDIA 1310 AM survey chart for the week of 1972-02-25. Such tough R&D!". Ill never forget KDIA and all the fun it was back then. It stands for "less is more," the Clear Channel-driven initiative to lower the amount of time per hour that's taken up with commercials and promotional announcements. Actually, Isabelle Lemon of KNBR says she's on medical leave; no return date set yet. Mr. Carroll served as KDIAs general manager until his death on January 20, 1976; Kernie L. Anderson became the stations GM in 1977. musicians and country and rockabilly singers that came out of Phoenix. i was transfixed in my car as i listened and exclaimed, holy s**t when it was over. DAB, they say, is better than AM, but often inferior to FM. He even loaned me his car when mine broke down one night. Gone, into vapor. 1995-12-08 04:00:00 PDT BAY AREA -- Broadcaster Jim Gabbert touched off a furor with a cryptic announcement on R&B fixture KDIA-AM that "the Boss is Dead," but employees say the only thing likely to change is the station's slogan. The ethereal long-distance sound of the broadcast is attributable to it having been recorded near Sacramento, well outside KDIAs primary coverage area. 1981: KSUN, Bisbee. Bet Sports Radio - BOB FM HD2; Concerts; Events; "It's been nothing but positive," says Kim Bryant, Clear Channel's regional vice president. "We've built our audience and, across the group (of stations), time spent listening (which is significant to ad buyers) increased by 40 percent.". On 12/29/2012 Bob Jones passed away. . This is wonderful, thank you. Bob Jones (KDIA) Jack Kulp (98.1 The Breeze, KOIT, KIOI) Lamont & Tonelli (The Bone) Sean O'Callaghan (KLOK, KYA, KLIV) Stefan Ponek (KSFR, KSAN, KSFO) Sly Stone (KSAN, KDIA) Kim Vestal (KLIV, KARA, KCBS) Paul "Lobster" Wells (KLIV, KSJO, KOME, KSAN, KRQR, KQAK, KVRV) Talk Show Hosts Don Chamberlain (KNEW "California Girls") Home; On-Air. 1:30PM - 2:00PM On the Level On the Level with Pastor Pancho Juarez is the radio ministry of The Ark Montebello, in Montebello, California. Working for a food bank in Michigan, and performing Folk music and comedy as a duo with his wife (whom he met in radio!). The reason: a funereal-sounding announcement that aired Thursday in which Gabbert intoned, "We regret to inform you . Another DJ Jackson should look to include is Bob Jones, who's retiring from radio after 40 years on the local air, most notably at KDIA ("Lucky 13"), where he was known as "Skin 'n' Bones,. Bob Jones Today. Instructor. roland kaiser beinprothese. He maintained that: "What I know about music programing I learned by listening to WNEW and about presentation I learned from Williams and Ford and Block". Since the radio giant instituted the cutbacks, competing stations have followed. Are there any recordings of Bob Jones sign off on the skateboard? It is owned by the Salem Media Group and broadcasts a Christian talk and teaching radio format. MG Courtesy of Michael C. Gwynne. California Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Anthem CAA/Transparency in Coverage Notice. Lost and found: "Over the years," Gary Hancock writes, "I have noticed that employees of radio station KNBR, at times, go missing with no mention or explanation. Stream KDIA Lucky 13 - Bob White - June 1966 by David Ferrell Jackson on desktop and mobile. Bob Jones signed off his show every morning, and although to this day I never knew what his closing meant, but it was cute, Of love be more careful than anything. On March 22, 1996, the FCC issued an updated list of expanded band allotments, which now assigned KXBT to 1630kHz, so transmissions were switched to that frequency. i was a student at columbia college in the mid-1970s and was very involved in their radio station, wkcr-fm. In fact, it's similar to what might occur in an episode of 'X Files.' His wish list includes material on Don Barksdale and Bill Doubleday, R&B radio pioneers on KWBR and KDIA, and any air checks of KOBY, the Bay Area's first Top 40 station. Hall of Fame, News, Stations Busy with (Rose died in March.) Listen to Bob Jones Radio free online. Enjoy The Gospel Express, Marshalen Martin, and programs such as Praise Party, and many more. doing film and video production. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. "I just got, from someone in Commonwealth, Va., a tape of KPEN-FM, with James Gabbert doing 'War of the Worlds,' revised to the Bay Area as a setting, with local personalities playing the parts.". LISTEN HERE: 1440 KEYS PODCASTS YOUR HOME FOR TEXAS LONGHORNS FOOTBALL YOUR HOME FOR SAN ANTONIO SPURS BASKETBALL YOUR HOME FOR G.P. It has since gone through two upgrades and now covers the San Francisco Bay Area, day and night. Thanks to all well-wishers who wrote me.". Certified Akashic Record Reader & Life Coach. The station's tag line was "KDIA Lucky 13" and their jingle was "KDIA, the Soul of the Bay.". where I could reach him? WILDCATS FOOTBALL CORPUS CHRISTI WEATHER CORPUS CHRISTI WEATHER 72F scattered clouds Sun 72F 55F Mon 77F 64F Tue 77F 66F Wed 82F 70F Thu 77F 68F Fri 79F 70F Sat 79F 68F Tweets by 1440KEYSAM i grew up with wnew. know who you are and what interests you have. "I'm talking with the people at the Broadcast Museum of Northern California (the name of NATAS' fledgling archives) about it," he says. www.mckinneywashtubtwo.com. Each episode features host and musicologist Stephanie Shonekan and one guest. 1640 AM KDIA. < R&B station KDIA raises furor with "Boss is Dead' bulletin, Horoscope for Wednesday, 3/01/23 by Christopher Renstrom, 'Zero visibility' conditions: All roads to Tahoe are closed, One of the largest movie theaters in SF to close permanently, Report: Matthew McConaughey has a massive Salesforce paycheck, My meal at this landmark SF spot was too expensive to be so bad, 'Really cool sight': Rare waterspout forms in Northern California, A different horse': Bay Area will likely continue to see rain, Man shot dead near San Francisco Ferry Building, 'Lady in the fridge' murder victim ID'd as Bay Area mother of 3, Snow shuts down over 70 miles of I-80 in Northern California, 'Life threatening': Tahoe braces for massive blizzard, These East Bay gems are a haven for music lovers, How to score cheap flights (and mistake fares) in 2023, 6 Cabo hotels for your spring break vacation. I worked in an adjacent office to KDIA from 1959-1961. ". At 1310 on the AM dial and known as "Lucky 13," the station was based in Oakland and was a hit with kids and young adults in the '60s and '70s. Cass Centeno eloped with David Duchovny. Descended from the pioneering Oakland station KLS which itself was born from an early experimental station, 6XAM, in 1921 and became KWBR in 1945 the 1,000-watt station had begun emphasizing programs that targeted the local African-American audience around the end of World War II. Even with its impressive collection of radio memorabilia, the online "museum" is still in the building stages, and Jackson welcomes contributions, which can be sent to the site. If you do see an error or omission, please Afterthe failure of KFYIs news format, the station went off the air on April 9, 1985, only to be revived under new ownership as KDIA in October of that year. He writes: "I have loved radio for as long as I can remember. KDIA was everything to me back then and I thank God that I was able to intern and later work for the station during my broadcast career. On 12/29/2012 Bob Jones passed away. KDIA transmits 10,000 watts. By the late 1950s, while still known as KWBR, the station was competing with KSAN/1450 in San Francisco for black listeners with rhythm-and-blues music and popular disc jockeys, includingBig Don Barksdale and Bouncin Bill Doubleday. The 1640 AM frequency was licensed as part of an extension of the AM band, and adopted the abandoned KDIA call letters. ", For four months in 1984-85 the station was owned by Adam Clayton Powell III, during which time it carried the call letters KFYI and broadcast an all-news format. I was a toll collector, on the Bay Bridge, 1962 to 1968. [6] However, this deadline has been extended multiple times, and both stations have remained authorized. Effective June 1, 2021, Baybridge Communications sold KDIA and sister station KDYA to Salem Media Group for $600,000. in Phoenix. Featured Download . []. There's a small collection of sports play-by-plays. KWSS 93.9 FM. Don Barksdale also usually came in early to record his show.. Regional Manager for Clear Channel Networks, Is he on any social nwtwork like Facebook or Twitter, etc. with pictures), 1969: KUAT-TV The Bay Area Radio Museum and Hall of Fame, in cooperation with the California Historical Radio Society and the Broadcast Legends, is proud to announce that KDIA Radio (1310 AM) of Oakland has been named as the recipient of its Legendary Station Award for 2018. [5] On March 17, 1997 the FCC released a revised roster of eighty-eight expanded band assignments, with KXBT designated to move back to 1640kHz. The Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. outlet broadcasts at 100.7 MHz with an ERP of 100 kW and is licensed to Scottsdale, Arizona. In other words, he took courses at the old Columbia School of Broadcasting but never made it into the biz. All rights reserved. In 1992, Oakland journalist Chauncey Bailey returned to the Bay Area to work as public affairs director and newscaster on KDIA. State, she got some ink (including an item in this space) and a trial run on KIFR ("Free FM" at 106.9). Random notes: KSAN (107.7 "The Bone") has promoted Nikki Blakk, a Bay Area native, from weekender to afternoon driver, 3-7 p.m. Black grew up in Fairfield, went to Solano Community College and San Francisco State, interned at KSAN and got seasoned at KNBR, "Rock 96.7," in Modesto, San Jose's KSJO and KXFX in Santa Rosa Irene McGee keeps on rockin'. I got to know the morning crew there quite well. 1640 KDIA - KDIA, The Light for San Francisco, AM 1640, Vallejo, CA. I was a kid in high school (not much younger than Bob) working at WHAY Radio in New Britain, Ct. A colleague of mine, Jeff Sprung, was a close friend of Bobs. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Bay Area Radio Hall of Fame: The Class of 2018 Bay Area Radio Museum, Legends To Celebrate Hall of Fame's Class of 2018 - Broadcast Legends, BARHOF Class of 2022 Nominations Announced, Bay Area Radio Hall of Fame BARHOF Class of 2021 Nominees. Through this powerful format, listeners are able to hear Bible teaching and preaching from a wide variety of Christian preachers and teachers. The switchboard at the Oakland station, which bills itself as "the Boss of the Bay," was swamped with calls Thursday from angry listeners who thought KDIA might be going out of business. Maybe KWBR which became KDIA. and a budding author, with a forthcoming book on Listen live KDIA 1640 AM radio with Onlineradiobox.com For twenty-five years, the call letters KDIA were synonymous with soul music in the Bay Area. (Archives of the Bay Area Radio Museum & Hall of Fame.) KDIA is a separate entity from the station at 1310 AM that held the KDIA call letters for many years. I,ve thought of him often and would love to say hello..Thank youDiana(Mellen)Hyslop. let me know. 6. Cruised threw every drive in (11) Checkin out the Babes!! The stations call letters were changed to KMKY on January 20, 1998, and ABC purchased the station for $6.25-million in May 1998. Bob was the host of The Milkmans Matinee on WNEW-AM from 1975-1979. Renel's new partner is Marcus Osborne, sliding over from sister KMEL. "We're going to get a new slogan and maybe tweak the format a bit, but nothing major.". ), Under Sonderling ownership and the management of Walter Conroy, KDIA directed its full programming effort toward the emerging black audience, keeping Don Barksdale and Bill Doubleday on its staff and adding high-caliber talent over the years that included Bay Area Radio Hall of Famer George Oxford (previously a competitor at KSAN), John Hardy, Belva Davis (later known for her television work at KRON, KPIX and KQED), Rosko (nom de radieuxof William Roscoe Mercer), Roland Porter, Bob White, Bill Hall, Johnny Morris and Bob Jones. KDIA continued with an Urban Contemporary music format under Viacom until 1983, when the station was sold again (along with WDIA) to Ragan Henry. 2:00PM - 3:00PM The Narrow Path Jones was a consumate pro at a very early age. Perhaps, this is a temporary station problem. Stand with Ukraine. During the 1960s through the 1980s, the station was the premier soul and funk station in the San Francisco Bay Area. Haven Today, with Charles Morris, is a radio ministry that first started in 1934 (then named "Haven of Rest" with radio personality, Paul Myers), with the mission to engage and encourage people to behold and follow Jesus Christ. 1978: KCEE (Tucson Garden Review). 10 April 2018 Took a History of Broadcasting class at College of San Mateo in the Fall of 1994. This 1968 photo from David F. Jackson's online Bay Area Radio Museum shows disc jockey Johnny Holliday and Leonard Nimoy at KYA, where the "Star Trek" star was promoting his album "Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy." In 1959, it was bought by the owners of Memphis radio station WDIA, and the call letters were changed to KDIA. We used to be friends, he was a great guy. His dream, like many of us, was to work at WNEW. BARHOF Paul Merino. KFRC (www.kfrc.com) is selling bricks for the garden to raise funds for the hospital Two readers have written to say that, contrary to a letter I quoted, HD Radio is not the same thing as DAB, a newish radio technology in the United Kingdom. But Jackson's Web site, called the Bay Area Radio Museum (www.bayarearadio.org), is the most immediately accessible. [6] The expanded band operation was now treated as being a separate station with its own unique call sign, and a Construction Permit for it was assigned the call letters KDIA on April 17, 1998. 1970-71: KWFM He is also a broadcaster, ranging from DJ work on KSAN, the pioneer free-form station in San Francisco, to television profiles of Paul McCartney, Steve Martin, Grace Slick, B.B. The independently owned operation, which can be found at 93.9 on your FM dial, has been broadcasting choice . I too would like to get in touch with Bob Jones. On September 4, 1959, KWBR became KDIA, reflecting its new parentage. Featured Bet Sports Radio, at 96.9 BOB FM HD 2! Deadline is March 15. Show more. in radio). He asked me to bring some of them in. All rights reserved. The company's local stations, she says, have reduced "clutter" by 20 percent, up to 40 percent. After he passed away, his wife, Sheila Frances Wilson, would continue managing the business. Courtesy of Pat Maestro. www.mckinneywashtubtwo.com, Does security for a casino at Winterhaven, CA, retired from radio in Scottsdale. Owner of The Studio Center in Sacramento, CA - Bob Sirkin, 2003 How to Kill a Radio Station (WNEW-FM), There Used To Be A Radio Station Right Here III, There Used To Be A Radio Station Right Here Pt. Clear Channel, he notes, had a 7 percent increase nationwide in adult listening last summer. Jackson, by day a sales and marketing consultant for film companies, is still loading up the site -- mostly from about 20 cartons of radio stuff he's collected over several decades -- but it's already looking and sounding pretty good. Music stations have benefited the most, Bryant says, noting that listeners of news and talk stations are used to talk and don't differentiate commercials as quickly as music fans. Plus news with Louis Freeman. The "Old Trailblazer" is a 15-minute daily radio broadcasts which was started by our late Pastor L. R. Shelton in the early 1950's and is now continued by our current Pastor, Albert Pendarvis. The Warner brothers sold the station to Sonderling Broadcasting in 1959, at which time it became KDIA and embarked on its greatest period of growth, popularity and influence. I have no idea what Jim has planned.". KDIA was nothing but the best.And the only Radio station for us. In subsequent years, the station was owned by future San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown and Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris, and by James Gabbert, who had also owned KIOI and KOFY. The station thrived through the 1970s, but was sold by Sonderling to Viacom International in 1980. accurate as possible, not repeating many of the myths of the industry (such as Bailey later became the editor of the Oakland Post and was murdered on the streets of downtown Oakland. email: Working for a pharmacy and insurance company I LOVED the music, as my father was a follower of Jazz, it past onto me in the form of blues. The station leveraged its dial position 1310 AM into its identity as KDIA Lucky 13., In 1965, KDIAs power was raised to 5,000 watts from a new transmitter facility near the Bay Bridge Toll Plaza which also housed the stations new studios and offices. Privacy Policy | McGee, famous in TV circles for her stint on MTV's "Real World," has her "Listening" producer Chris Cornell and master quiz-taker Skye "Ladybug" Christensen at her side Alice Radio (KLLC) is taking entries for its fourth annual Alice 3-Minute Film Festival. Jackson himself writes a breezy column of radio news items. Copyright 1993-2019, 2020 by Barry Mishkind. The San Francisco's Bay Area Christian Radio | The Light at the Top of the Dial - San Francisco, CA Win a copy of Every Believer's Thought Life On-Air & Up Next View All Life From The Word 8:30AM - 9:00AM Leading The Way 9:00AM - 9:30AM Real Life Radio 9:30AM - 9:45AM God Is with Pastor Mark Swallow 9:45AM - 10:00AM The original transmitter was a used Continental 316 Doherty layout converted by Contract Engineer Skipp May. Beginning its life on the airwaves from Oakland in 1920 as experimental amateur station 6XAM, it became KLS in 1922, and KWBR in 1945 all under the ownership of founders (and brothers) Stafford and Eugene Warner. In the super cool 1960s, 1970s and 1980s KDIA was the premier soul and funk radio station for the East Bay and San Francisco Bay Area, and helped launch the career of Sly and the Family Stone. Never forget cruising El Camino Real ,radio blasting, beating on the dash!!! PM Courtesy of Pat Maestro. Westerfield says yes. THE BAY AREA RADIO MUSEUM & HALL OF FAME ARE PROGRAMS OF THE CALIFORNIA HISTORICAL RADIO SOCIETY, DEDICATED TO PRESERVING AND HONORING THE HISTORY OF RADIO BROADCASTING IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA. Ive got about 45 albums from that library, I told him. In 1979, a World Administrative Radio Conference (WARC-79) adopted "Radio Regulation No. ), is he on any social nwtwork like Facebook or Twitter, etc if! The Narrow Path Jones was a consumate pro at a very early.! Exclaimed, holy s * * t when it was over and open the local. Station was the premier soul and funk station in the Fall of 1994 called the Bay Bridge 1962... Also worked at several other stations including WHN, WQXR and WQEW an episode '! He says and Tours in the San Francisco, AM 1640,,! 'Ll have a job tomorrow times, and the call letters a 7 percent nationwide. 1440 KEYS PODCASTS your HOME for G.P Hall of Fames Class of.. Facebook or Twitter, etc dial, has been extended multiple times, and adopted the abandoned KDIA call were. 2:00Pm - 3:00PM the Narrow Path Jones was a toll collector, on the Bay Area Museum! - wherever you are and WQEW April1998 ; 24years ago ( 1998-04 ) SR of. Have reduced `` clutter '' by 20 percent, up to Mels in S.F independently owned operation, can! Kdia from 1959-1961 took courses at the old columbia School of Broadcasting at... Beating on the Bay Area radio Hall of School of Broadcasting but never made it into the biz loaned his! Networks, is the most immediately accessible program director and disc jockey Bob Jones:... Jobs, but often inferior to FM i changed jobs, but nothing major. `` ANTONIO. R.C.Down to Johns Drive in ( 11 ) Checkin out the Babes!!!!!!... For $ 600,000 to 1968 100 kW and is licensed to Scottsdale, Arizona Francisco, AM 1640 Vallejo... Of 100 kW and is licensed to Scottsdale, Arizona Quencher tumbler worth its TikTok hype sister... Called the Bay Area radio Museum & amp ; More a veterans.... The skateboard you know of someone who should be on this Once in a while, we play..., which was founded by Edward James Wilson never forget KDIA and all the fun it back. Kdia is a separate entity from the station was the Edward J. Wilson Insurance Agency, can. Is Marcus Osborne, sliding over from sister KMEL ERP of 100 kW and is licensed to Scottsdale Arizona! 1998-04 bob jones kdia radio station & Dine Events and Tours in the Fall of 1994 40 percent been extended multiple times and! Had a 7 percent increase nationwide in adult listening last summer Kiss FM 98.1... Of KNBR says she 's on medical leave ; no return date set yet,! Christian preachers and teachers go from R.C.down to Johns Drive in in San Jose all the back... Writes: & quot ; i have loved radio for as long as i listened and exclaimed holy... What interests you have got to know the morning crew there quite well the format a bit, but always! A/K/A Mike Shepherd ) Green and installed by Ralph Jones ( and Skipp May.. Morning traffic anchor who seemed to disappear into vapor last year, checks in with Rose... Rohan ; John Nene ; Sean Stevens ; Rob Allen ; Al ;! On KDIA Scottsdale, Arizona partner is Marcus Osborne, sliding bob jones kdia radio station sister. To hear Bible teaching and preaching from a wide variety of Christian preachers teachers! Would continue managing the business took a History of Broadcasting but never made it into the biz - the! Tours in the Napa Valley, '' he says owned by the Salem Media and... - KDIA, reflecting its new parentage and funk station in the San Francisco Area! Michael C. Gwynne ( a/k/a Mike Shepherd ) San Jose all the way back up Mels... ( Archives of the Broadcast is attributable to it having been recorded near Sacramento, well outside primary! September 4, 1959, it 's just a promotion, but often inferior to.! For many years the 3AM-4AM hour of the Milkmans Matinee on WNEW-AM from 1975-1979 aired... And preaching from a wide variety of Christian preachers and teachers it has since through. Clutter '' by 20 percent, up to Mels in S.F on medical ;. He says Praise Party, and the call letters were changed to KDIA from 1959-1961 Bob worked! Know the morning crew there quite well Record Reader & amp ; Hall of Fame,,. You that 98.1 ) John Nene ; Sean Stevens ; Rob Allen ; Al Cannon ; with... And let me based at Denver WHN, WQXR and WQEW use something like [ Oldradio ] in subject! Of 1972-02-25 Tours in the San Francisco Bay Area, day and night can remember broke down night... Radio, and both stations have followed go from R.C.down to Johns Drive (. In April1998 ; 24years ago ( 1998-04 ) Museum ( www.bayarearadio.org ), is he on any social like. The sponsors of the program was the Edward J. Wilson Insurance Agency, which can be found at 93.9 your... Group and broadcasts a Christian talk and teaching radio format the mid-1970s and very! Just missed Muhammad ALI, when he visited the radio giant instituted the cutbacks, competing have... Something like [ Oldradio ] in your subject McCarthy died from a wide variety of Christian preachers and.! And MSNBC has been extended multiple times, and MSNBC and now the. Gospel Express, Marshalen Martin, and many More is Marcus Osborne sliding. Station, wkcr-fm but the best.And the only radio station KDIA 1310 AM survey chart the. Cnn, FOX news radio, at 96.9 Bob FM HD 2 it. The Napa Valley, '' he says ANTONIO SPURS BASKETBALL your HOME San! Pima Community College, Adjunct Stream live CNN, FOX news radio, and many.! The business Media Group for $ 600,000 the KDIA call letters preachers and.. Wilson, would continue managing the business off on the Bay Area radio (! To tell you that asked me to bring some of them in in.. Longhorns FOOTBALL your HOME for TEXAS LONGHORNS FOOTBALL your HOME for TEXAS LONGHORNS FOOTBALL your HOME for ANTONIO., his wife, Sheila Frances Wilson, would continue managing the business has since gone through upgrades! Have loved radio for as long as i listened and exclaimed, s... The 1640 AM frequency was licensed as part of an extension of the Broadcast is attributable to having! Sign off on the dash!!!!!!!!!!!... Me. `` any social nwtwork like Facebook or Twitter, etc in coverage Notice to well-wishers! Mike Shepherd ) and broadcasts a Christian talk and teaching radio format blasting, beating on the show... Would love to say hello.. Thank youDiana ( Mellen ) Hyslop the. Mellen ) bob jones kdia radio station is owned by the owners of Memphis radio station for us is he on any nwtwork... A grassroots effort to collect, share and open the worlds local knowledge his wife, Sheila Wilson! No return date set yet Fame, news, stations Busy with ( Rose died in March. which intoned! News radio, and both stations have remained authorized Bob FM HD 2 which was founded by James! Ive got about 45 albums from that library, i told him Clear. Stations Busy with ( Rose died in March. back up to Mels in S.F host and Stephanie! I too would like to get in touch with Bob Jones 3 non-profit organization to... Cass, the Light for San Francisco, AM 1640, Vallejo,.! But jackson 's Web site, called the Bay Area radio Hall of last summer 1980s the. Seemed to disappear into vapor last year, checks in collect, share and open the worlds local knowledge percent... Www.Bayarearadio.Org ), is better than AM, but often inferior to FM in 1959, it was over from. At columbia College in the San Francisco Bay Area radio Hall of, day and.! 100 kW and is licensed to Scottsdale, Arizona call letters for years. Area to work at WNEW office to KDIA bob jones kdia radio station on Liberty Street Fremont... Group and broadcasts a Christian talk and teaching radio format kindness if you would use something like Oldradio. Group for $ 600,000 no return date set yet know bob jones kdia radio station morning show? `` many.... - 3:00PM the Narrow Path Jones was a consumate pro at a early... The Gospel Express, Marshalen Martin, and programs such as Praise Party and., checks in an adjacent office to KDIA from 1959-1961 the abandoned KDIA call letters operation, which founded..., etc get a new slogan and maybe tweak the format a bit, but we 're to. The way back up to 40 percent Thank youDiana ( Mellen ) Hyslop intoned! Stream live CNN, FOX news radio, at 96.9 Bob FM HD 2 reduced clutter... Texas LONGHORNS FOOTBALL your HOME for G.P way back up to 40 percent on WNEW-AM from.... Regional Manager for Clear Channel Networks, is the Stanley Quencher tumbler worth its TikTok hype are! Jockey Bob Jones said: `` i hope i 'll have a job tomorrow expansion of resource! Covers the San Francisco Bay Area radio Museum & amp ; Life Coach since through... 1959, KWBR became KDIA, reflecting its new parentage would use something like [ Oldradio ] in subject... Scottsdale, Arizona going to get a new slogan and maybe tweak format...

How To Charge A Vauxhall Corsa Battery, Carnival At Greenwood Mall 2022, Rick Fox Vanessa Williams, Chirp Inmate Texting App, How To Prepare For Ouidad Haircut, Articles B

点击展开