公司总部 团建 活动策划 户外拓展 拓展训练 拓展培训 领导力培训 企业拓展 体验式教育 团建活动 团建游戏

wfun radio miami florida咨询热线:400-0705-628

Btn
当前位置:kevyn aucoin medium lip liner dupe > jodie dowdall date of birth > wfun radio miami florida espn fpi accuracy

wfun radio miami florida

发布时间: 3月-11-2023 编辑: 访问次数:0次

He was a record company PR executive for Capitol Records (1977-1980), Elektra/Asylum Records (1980-1983) and Rhino Entertainment (1992-1998). THEY WERE BLAZING NEW TRAILS BEFORE QAM & INZ GOT HOT. I remember meeting Charlie at numerous WQAM events in the 1960's and he was always nice to his young fans. Would you play it again? he said. I wonder if he remembers. They were the best and you only had to be "16" to get into The Place. In the last hour, wed hear Shaw count down the Top 10 requests, which usually reflected the Fabulous 56, but at times leaned heavily toward Beatles and Stones. But best of all was picking up Cousin Brucie nights on WABC 770 Chime Time in New York City. Shaws show-opening jingle ended with the singers chirping, in ascending tones: WonderfulW-Q-A-M! And as that rang out he would yell SWINGS! from inside his echo chamber, then launch into introducing the evenings first record. I THEN DID THE SHOW IN ATLANTIC CITY NEW JERSEY FOR TWO YEARS FROM A CLUB CALLED MACS TAVERN.AND THEN DID TV SHOWS ON DUMONT.I DONOT KNOW IF ANY OF MY FRIENDS IN BROADCASTING ARE STILL ALIVE IF SO THEY CAN REACH ME AT walomi7713@att.net, In the 1950s I used to go downtown to the Biscayne Terrace Hotel studios of WINZ and answer phones for Jerry Wichner, my favorite DJ. Jazz and Classical music fans are very vocal, but not wanted much by advertisers. When I started listening to WQAM in 1962, PAMS Series 15, 17 and 18 were in use along with R.H. Ullman's "One-Derful" Series. 1959WAHR-FM starts on 99.1 FM (classical and jazz) Arnold Hornbuckle Radio WHOS-FM starts on 102.1 FM the station is a variety of formats over the years ,later The late night shows were unbelievable. I introduced it, did a little rap, Hey, this is a new group from England Probably 20 seconds into the record, the phone exploded. The latest Tweets from WFUN RADIO (@WFUNRADIO). WFUN's format was copied by "Swinging Radio England" in 1966. AM 1080. WFEZ Easy 93.1. Shaw had a bunch of high school kids, mostly hot girls, from all over Dade (Miami) and Broward (Ft. Lauderdale) counties, interning with him at WQAM. We all saw him as the cool older brother we wished we had. WFUN's last Program Director, Don Wright, was at the controls! Jocks, soshes, surfers and nerds alike all listened to Rick Shaw on WQAM. But those stories are for another chapter.). One night we were going out to dinner with the girls and while we were waiting for Rick to show up we listened to his show.Just before he played his sign-off song,"Good night,my love,"he told everyone that he was going out to dinner with some friends and told us . Press alt + / to open this menu. I worked at a bank nearby and some employees heard me on the air. Redirecting to http://www.adamsheirlooms.com/cnrm/wfun-radio-miami-florida The station runs Teveo programming. [3], When W27AQ signed on April 27, however, it did not air its own programming. This was about the time it became Love 94. Here's Bwana Johnny as Miami's Morning Mouth on FUN 79 (WFUN) in July of 1974. I came to Miami as a 4-year-old in 1942, went to Miami Shores Elementary School, left in 1949, and came back as a young man in early 1961 as a news reporter, then producer, ended as producer of documentaries at WCKT-WCKR - until April, 1968. I have a picture of him from an old 1971 Magic Bus newspaper that I'll need to scan. Pages Liked by This Page. Please help update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information. But along the way, I noticed among the memorabilia and keepsakeshe had pinned to the wall above his desk was a letter-sized document with a Westwood One logo on it. WICA-TV started broadcasting on September 19, 1953, but quietly signed off around June 21, 1956. For more stories and info, visit https://stephenkpeeples.com. Ultimately many listeners moved to FM for music, and in 1976, WFUN was sold and became News/Talk WNWS and later middle-of-the-road station WMRZ, followed by WAXY which was brokered talk. 30 Escuchas. They were growing up, learning about life, love and the pursuit of happiness, and I was on the radio, leading them through it. Since I lasted posted a thought 6/28/07, I've recalled listening to Jerry Wichner's early evening dedication hour in the mid to late 1950's. Check out Chuck Stewarts September 2017 Rick Shaw tribute video. Episode #8.35: With Dick Peabody, April Stevens, Nino Tempo, Tina Turner. Fast-forwarding to 1989, I was in my seventh year as a staff writer/producer for the Westwood One Radio Network, and the second year producing The Lost Lennon Tapes series, syndicated worldwide. I found his car, went to the station, think I was put on the air and won a transistor radio, wow! Thank you so much for pulling all these memories together. The station is owned by the Miami-Dade County Public Schools district, alongside NPR member radio station WLRN-FM (91.3). The moment the sheriff joined the chase was . Your IP: Here's a weird memory from around 1963. I went to Broadcasting school in '68' at Elkins Institute in Miami. That same year he appeared at The Polk Theatre in downtown Lakeland, FL which is a mini-version of the grand Olympia in Miami! Article Source:StephenKPeeples.com. Their party was in turn spoiled by WHYI-FM ("answer your phone by saying 'I listen to the new sound of Y-100 and win!'"). Dorky guys like me lusted after the Rick Shaw Dancers; the girls watching picked up on the latest gear fashions and bitchen dance moves and wished they could be on the show. For the former legendary station WFUN in South Miami, Florida, see, "WZOO goes oldies, WFUN to switch to all sports", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=WFUN_(AM)&oldid=1114640858, This page was last edited on 7 October 2022, at 14:33. This compact, bushy plant produces bright red tomatoes that ripen early in the season. WSVN, virtual channel 7 (VHF digital channel 9), is a Fox-affiliated television station licensed to Miami, Florida, United States, and also serving Fort Lauderdale. Limestone Lounge > Book & DJs Forum > 60s Disc Jockeys & Radio Stations > WFUN Miami 60's. Share. The two stations share studios in Hialeah Gardens; WFUN-LD's transmitter is located on West Hallandale Beach Boulevard in the Carver Ranches section of West Park. Accessibility Help. At the WAXY studio building close to the beach, Shaw met us at the elevator, grinning and extending his hand. Verified account Protected Tweets @; Suggested users It's kept me entertained during Miami's soul crushing traffic congestion. Die-hard Tiger Radio listeners as we were, if we didnt like a song or a commercial on WQAM, wed flip to WFUN. W228BY Revolution Radio. Three that I remember were: HOW COULD I FORGET THE MAGIC BUS. Welcome Johnny, I'm glad you found the website and I thank you for posting. What is that? Thanks for your website. The majority of WQAM's jingles were produced by PAMS of Dallas. On Air 1961 - 1976 WFUN Miami (Tribute Web Radio) - US - Listen to free internet radio, news, sports, music, and podcasts. Save peace in the world! (Thank you, Rick.). Newsradio 970 WFLA; Stand with Ukraine. 2395 NW 38th St. 93.1. [12] On August 2, 2019, Entercom announced that WAXY would introduce a new lineup on August 5, assuming WQAM's CBS Sports Radio affiliation and most of its local hosts, and moving ESPN Radio, including The Dan Le Batard Show and the network's overnight and weekend programming, to WQAM (which concurrently rebranded as The Joe). Of course, within days, Miami was as besotted by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr as the rest of America. News. I was on the original airstaff of The Mighty Bus when they first signed on the air. Kayak, canoe or stand-up paddle board at Oleta River State Park, the Deering Estate or Crandon Park. In June 1998, the station ceased rebroadcasting WTVJ. He was arguably the most popular and influential figure in Miami radio history although at the time, few of us listeners knew or would care that it was Shaws boss, Todd Storz, who was pioneering the Top 40 format with WQAM right before our ears. 1 talking about this. Check out these old WQAM jingles I put up on YouTube. Clear Channel Communications sold their Ashtabula cluster, including WFUN, in September 2007 to Media One Radio Group (headed by Embrescia and dubbed "Sweet Home Ashtabula" as a placeholder). I won this Radio back in the 60's WFUN 790 Miami Florida. >> TEMP - DELETE when you figure it out right >> Memories of MUSIC, Radio Stations, Musical Groups and Links to Oldies Videos Photo Gallery - click on image to view > 1964 - Miami News article about WQAM and WFUN plane trips to Jacksonville for the Beatles . I have tapes of my last show on WBUS, but have not digitized them. Does anyone else remember WMBM on Miami Beach. Tune your home or car radio to 107.3 FM or 96.3 HD2. In the summer of 1965 I went surfing or tried to "teach" Roby Yonge how to surf! WGBS-LD, a low-power television station (channel 11) licensed to serve Hampton, Virginia, United States; WAQI, a radio station (710 AM) licensed to serve Miami, Florida, United States, which used the call sign WGBS until October 1985; WINS (AM), a radio station (1010 AM) licensed to serve New York, New York, United States, which formerly used the call sign WGBS WFUN-LD is the last station in the MiamiFort Lauderdale market to produce its local newscasts in 4:3 standard definitioneven though, as of April 2013, select programs are broadcast in high definition, the station maintains HD camera equipment, and on-air graphics and station promos are presented in the format. Is there a place online where I can hear South Florida Radio jingles from the first half of the 1970s (between the breakup of the Beatles and the onset of Disco). Husa Radio. What endeared Shaw to young Miami audiences were the hits PLUS his one-liners, wacky soundbites (like the Lone Ranger and Tonto from the TV series starring Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels: Could mean trouble, Tonto! That right, Kimosabe!), and his riffs on obnoxious spots all delivered at a blistering pace, pumped up by tons of reverb and echo, and broadcast to us through WQAMs framistan at 5,000 watts. Special thanks: Rick Shaw, Charlie Mallicote, Peter Blachley, the Morrison Hotel Gallery, The Miami Herald, the Estate of Charles Trainor, and Steve Geisler of the 560.com archive. 77 WABC Radio: WBAP News Talk 820 AM: Family Life Network - WCIK . Your name is familiar for sure. WAXY has been operating under special temporary authority from the FCC since December 1981. [14], On September 29, 2022, Audacy announced that it will flip WAXY's longtime Sports format to a Spanish-language conservative talk format on October 3. Thanks for posting your memories, Don. Station Radio Libre 790 Miami, FL. It was a beautiful night, full moon and all that. I heard it every night before I went to sleep (strict home rules). Hooked on rock n roll the first time I saw Jerry Lee Lewis on American Bandstand in 1958, Id tuned in to rock n roll on the radio in summer 1959. February 17, 2023. WFUN, a Rounsaville Radio Station, dominated the AM Dial in Miami throughout the 1960's, along with rival WQAM. Listen to Live Radio. The callsign was formerly used on FM at 105.9, until Jefferson-Pilot acquired the callsign. Hampered both by broadcasting on the (then relatively unknown) UHF dial, and with no network affiliation of any sort, WICA-TV had limited broadcast hours, a sparse and often overused film library, and a heavy amount of local programming (usually filmed with only one camera). [10] The transition of The Ticket to FM would not be realized: shortly after the completion of the sale, WAXY-FM broke away from the simulcast in August 2015, and flipped to alternative rock as 104.3 The Shark. One of the first stars of this station was The Cosmic Traveler. 202.FM - My Country. What fun that night was. Author:Stephen K. Peeples WFUN-LD (channel 48) is a low-power Spanish-language independent television station in Miami, Florida, United States. He sometimes went by just "The Cos". I left there after a few years to work for WVCG in the Gables at a show that was supposed to be African American, but the DJ was white, although he did sound black. You were kind of a father figure in a lot of ways. He was Rhinosfirst web editor(1996-1998), and then editor of Warner Music Group websites (1998-2001). WE WERE SO POOR THAT IN THE STUDIO I HAD TO PUT A PHONE BOOK UNDER THE CHAIR WITH A MISSING WHEEL TO BROADCAST. But like the air we breathe, we seldom give it a second thought. Welcome Pete Berlin and thank you for posting with the information you provided to Ray. Stream online for free, only on iHeart! North Miami, I said, in town from L.A. visiting old friends.. WFUN-LD (channel 48) is a low-power Spanish-language independent television station in Miami, Florida, United States.It is owned by Amrica CV Station Group, Inc., alongside fellow independent station WJAN-CD (channel 41). This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. A suspect in a stolen pickup was trying to get away but he . I followed him when he went over to WQAM in 60 or 61. WFUN's programming changed on November 3, 2007 over to a sports/talk format affiliated with ESPN Radio, dropping all political talk programming and electing to go for a smaller, male dominated, core audience. Station AM 560 Sports WQAM Miami, FL. Station 101.5 LITE FM Miami, FL. , Miami - Boca Raton Stephen Harlow Haas: WSDO, Miami - Ft. Lauderdale Beverly Fox Stephen Harlow Haas T-Pain has covers of Black Sabbath, Journey, and Sam Smith he would like you to hear 'A T-Pain cover album to end all cover albums'. Last year, I grew Fortamino but the seeds didnt do well at all. By far Miami and South Florida's preeminent radio station at the time, baby boomers from Jupiter to Key West, and down to Havana, listened to WQAM for the latest in local and American pop music from the 1960s well into the late 1970s. Who is that? A place to discuss Florida musicians, records, record labels, & 1960s radio DJ's. FORUMS. To commemorate this special occasion, KarenO, a registered nurse with 35 years of experience, has started The Nightingale Project. My Instructors name was Steve and he was a friend of Rick Shaw. I'm sure I won $5.60 when I lucked out and got through despite the delay that Hialeah callers endured when calling from certain telephone exchanges. Miami FL WHQT-FM 105.1. It was on the roof of the Holiday Inn on Lauderdale Beach, big room, and it has a glass window overlooking the beach, he said. 12. The two stations were known as powerhouses of Top 40 Music throughout the nation and were the models for many other successful top 40 stations. He invited us into his office, where we sat down and flashed back to late 1963 and early 1964 for about half an hour. This is our frequency on HD2. I just started looking at this area of the site. WFUN recently had a reunion. Later I recorded him, after testing, saying this is "WQAM, Miami, signing off". Does anyone possibly have a photo of him lurking or lingering around the house? We can also discuss the other Top 40 AM stations in South Florida (from WCKR to WAME to WGBS to. That February, celebrating 25 years after The Beatles first trip to America, Id written and produced a three-hour special edition of The Lost Lennon Tapes titled Beatles Conquer America 64, which aired over three weeks in January-February 1989. "Take Care Of One Another 'Cause We're All In This Together", http://www.limestonerecords.com/forum/radio/wbusroby2.mp3. Bob Harris, promotion director of WFUN radio, Miami, Florida, sent me the following release. Radio Outlaw: WMJX, Miami Gary Bridges Sunny Chase Stuart Elliott/Boy Wonder Bruce Kelly Tom Kent Kenny Lee . Was going to work listening to the radio; Rick Shaw said he needed someone to put some money in his parking meter on Biscayne Blvd. Does anyone remember The Place on Biscayne Blvd and arund 140th street. When underground radio was in it's infancy in Miami most of the stations on the FM frequency were throw-away formats. Beautiful car - she'd drive me home in it. While on 800, it was licensed to Miami Beach and was the first station in the area to hold the WMBM callsign, which is now on 1490kHz. Does anybody remember WQAM playing - "Good Night My Love" at 9:00 PM on weeksdays, during the late sixties????? I said "Gimme" and ended up with the second highest prize, $25.60. WFUN was the home of several DJs who became famous on both sides of the Atlantic in 1966. February 16, 2023. Station 104.3 The Shark Miami, FL. In early 1999, its calls were changed to WFUN-LP; the station license was later upgraded to Class A status and its calls were altered to WFUN-CA in 2002, before reverting to LPTV status in 2004. It was a great song and many people have great memories related to that song. It was really cool if your latest crush called in with a song dedicated to your name!! Facebook. Top-rated syndicated Radio Personality. By February 9 and The Beatles first visit to the States and Ed Sullivan Show TV appearance in New York, I Want to Hold Your Hand was famously No. I was in 9th grade at North Miami High. If anyone knows anything about this can you please respond with your knowledge? 1 in Miami the week after Sullivan, with Hand holding onto No. Then come to the station and you can win a prize. Recent Post by Page. Performance & security by Cloudflare. Wonderful memories of WINZ in the late 1950-early 60s while stationed in Kingston Jamaica great to see the Bob Green top 40s,remember them well, great days, thanks. WFUN RADIO MIAMI | FUN 79 | WFUN MIAMI FLORIDA - TRIBUTE WEBSITE, wfun, wfun79, wfun miami, wfun radio, miami radio, south florida radio, fun . BUT THEN , WE IN THE WHITE COMMUNITY STARTED CATCHING THE FEVER. I wrote to him a couple of times at the station (on Godfrey Road) and he actually answered and was quite nice. I've got some old cassettes of the final few hours of the Magic Bus as it morphed into Love 94. I did weekend shifts 12Noon-6pm Saturday and Sunday for the first 6 months after they signed on. This article is about AM radio station WFUN in Ashtabula, Ohio. He started to build a following on Miami stations WCKR/WIOD, where the station manager tagged him with a new on-air name and he became famous for wacky DJ promotional stunts. I did production for a show called Requestfuly Yours. DISCUSSIONS. Miami talk show legend Neil Rogers hosted his own show and did play-by-play announcing for the Miami Hurricanes baseball team on WNWS from 1978 to 1984. Harvest Delicious Red Tomatoes with Red Rocket in Hot Climates South of Memphis, Tomatoes are a popular and versatile crop that can be grown in many climates, but it is important to choose the right variety for your climate. He was 78. That was the signoff song for a dj I don't remember the name of. Dances every Friday night until 10:00pm my how those days have changed. All of the station's live newscasts are also shown on Teveo, the station's 24-hour news format, each weekday from 5:00p.m. to 12:00a.m. and weekends from 7:00 to 11:00p.m. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Is that the one I wrote you a few years ago?, Yeah, that was you? Rickey Smiley is one of the most beloved performers in American media, earning a reputation for delivering boundless laughter on-air, on-stage, and on-screen. The station has been through several ownership changes, though some of these transfers in the early 2000s appear to be within the Rodriguez family. Stream live CNN, FOX News Radio, and MSNBC. A historic neighborhood created by Cuban migrs over the past 50 years plus.

Shirellda Terry Father Death, Vulvoplasty Before And After Photos, How To Calculate Interior Angles In Surveying, Articles W

点击展开